Friday, November 13, 2015

Tomato Soup & Toasted Cheese Sandwiches: A Woman's View

Believe it or not today is the second day of the opening of the college basketball season for 2015-16. It's an exciting time especially if your team is highly ranked and figures to contend for national honors.

This reporter stumbled downstairs this morning at 8am. Her majesty was on the couch in my 'Man Cave'. After our "good mornings" and "how did you sleep" conversations I opened my computer to look at the world news.

The Queen then said, "How about toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner"? It's going to be a chilly, windy day and this sounded good to me so I answered in the affirmative.

After a few minutes I remembered my team, the Iowa State Cyclones, opened their season tonight at 5pm against Colorado. The 'Clones' are ranked anywhere from 7th to 10th in the pre-season rankings. I mentioned this to the wife. She doesn't get too excited about basketball even when her alma mater is playing.

Ten minutes later she made a comment that only a woman can utter. She said, "the Cyclones are going to win tonight". She followed this with, "their school colors are the same as tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches".

The minds of men and women work differently, don't they?

No comments: