Friday, November 27, 2015

Revere Massachusetts Schools: Abysmal Leadership

cheerleader

A teacher tweeted her disappointment with the low voter turnout in the town of Revere’s mayoral race. Caley Godino, a  cheerleader at Revere, Massachusetts High School said it was probably because 90 percent of the people in the town were illegal. She was probably wrong. 25% of Revere's population are Hispanic immigrants but I liked her point.

Her mistake, according the Supt. of Schools, Dianne Kelly(Call me a sexist but, seemingly, why are these loons female) was showing 'insensitivity'. Freedom of speech was not the issue, Kelly said.

Godino was required to pay for her sins. Her punishment? There was only one action the school felt was appropriate. She was kicked off of the cheerleading squad.

I fully realize this type of story appears in our news cycle on a daily basis. When I'm quite bored and feel the need to vent, as I do in this case, I google the school, find the email address of Ms. Kelly, then send her a nice note. I'll be one of hundreds of thousands who do the same. She won't read it but she, or her staff, will spend hours deleting these messages.

I'd also consider writing a letter of support to Caley. I seek out whitepages.com and find her address. For a cutie like her support can help overcome the stupidity of others.

No comments: