Sunday, November 22, 2015

November 22, 1963

I am a reader especially when it comes to contemporary affairs. On my list of favorites to read are twenty two publications. Along with these are a number of papers they publish.

Today, for the first time in memory I saw or read of no mention of the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

I was speaking with one of my long time friends today. He lives in Kansas. He asked me if I knew what was significant about today's date. Being the complete jerk I am I responded with, "What kind of moron do you think I am? Of course, I do" He didn't believe me so I had to explain the facts of life about the assassination of John Kennedy.

Kennedy fascinates me from the standpoint that he was a Democrat. If he ran for office today he'd be a Republican.

To illustrate from his inaugural address: "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country".

No comments: