Friday, May 5, 2017

Calling All Doctors

It's one of those rainy dreary days in Dublin, Ohio. The kind that makes one want to stay in bed. It's too bad the Roto-Rooter guy called at 7:30 otherwise I'd still be under the sheets.

He arrived a half hour later, did his work, handed me a $440 dollar bill them took off to zap some more suckers. My wife asked that I pay three fourths of the bill since I flush that many more times than she. Upon hearing that I left the house and took care of one of those 'must do' chores.

You've heard it said, "You can't get blood from a stone". But you can get blood from a vein in your left arm which is why, on doctors orders, I trekked on over to our local urgent care center.

So, I'm sitting in a chair taking questions from a nurse who is going to do the Dracula thing and she asks the name of my primary physician. Faster than it takes to jump in bed after switching off the lights and darkness sets in I said, " Dr. Steven Leonard, 101 Commerce Park Dr., Westerville, Ohio 43081, 614-898-3006.

Then it hit me. Not only did I know his name but also the complete info on my neurosurgeon, psychologist, dentist and my former psychologist. What a horrible way to live life.

I've talked about psychologists before. I believe they're necessary for a balanced life, especially when one's on Medicare and their's no out of pocket expense. I get to go in once a week, unload anything that's bothering me or complain about some such thing The Queen has done to torque me off. It's much better than complaining to friends and acquaintances. They don't want to hear about your problems. 90% don't care and the other 10% are happy to know you're suffering.

There isn't too much to add to this. I guess if there's a lesson to be learned it's I have way too many doctors. The alternative is easy, just die.

No comments: