Saturday, June 10, 2017

How Wives Talk

Being successfully married as long as I have isn't easy. It's extremely important for men to be good listeners.

For example, a few minutes ago The Queen said, "Would you take the laundry basket upstairs when you go". I read this to mean, 'right now'. And as soon as she said her question she followed with a quick "Thank you".

I also like these: "Are you going to shower tonight"? "Are you going to hang up your clothes"? "Are you going to take out the garbage". "Are you going to pick up the fork I dropped on the floor"?

I did not know, until I got married, there is a correct way to put a carton of milk in the refrigerator.

It just happened again. A shirt came out of the dryer and Her Majesty came running to me exclaiming, "Can you hang this really, really quick so it doesn't wrinkle even though she was surrounded by a 1001 hangers.

I enjoy being in my man cave. It's a hideout the likes of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid never saw. Mind you, we have two televisions in he house. One in the man cave and the other in our bedroom. Every morning when I come downstairs to watch my news show the lady has the channel turned to her Gawd awful NBC Good Morning Show with Matt Lauer and Savanna Guthrie. It's verboten if I construct a negative comment.

You see, regardless what the clueless feminist pinheads say it's a women's world.

There is only one time when I refuse to listen to the boss. Let's say I'm watching a game and have had three beers. As I get up and head for the fridge I'll hear: "Don't you think you've had enough"? Then is when I go into my Helen Keller act. It never fails.


No comments: