Thursday, October 19, 2017

MJ Hawkeye Takes A New Direction

I received an email from the Council Bluffs Cowboy yesterday. Evidently, I had sent him an article from the UK Daily Mail. That site is a combination of pro-conservative, pro-liberal and pro-gossip.

My friend told me to never trust anything written in the Daily Mail as if I did in the first place. Well, this got me to thinking about the print media. Granted 95% of my re-prints come fro conservative sites but in this day and age how would I know if even they were bloviating in their stories. I don't.

Certainly I wouldn't trust any item from the MSM and their comrades in arms on the television networks.

Therefore, I've decided to eliminate re-printing any and all items with ensuing opinions from any of these outlets.

I will, however, reprint stories from local newspapers without a political bent and I'm sure some items will sneak in from the mainstream sans politics and the scum employed by them.

Editorial cartoons are acceptable since they leave so much to the imagination. Stories of a satirical nature will also count. There's a Catholic website called Eye of the Tiber. Their stories make fun of today's society with unbelievable stories. E.g.  'Taylor Swift Joins Convent After Unsuccessful Relationships'. You'll appreciate this site if you're Catholic and want to laugh. The Smoking Gun is excellent if you're into the bizarre. I'm crazy about knuckledraggin. The author is a good 'ol boy from Tennessee. He says he's never had a television but since he wrote that and I don't believe anything
anymore then I can't publish his words but his cartoons and photos are a hoot. WARNING: This site, sometimes is quite irreverent and ribald not to mention downright slutty. In other words, I wouldn't encourage Her Majesty the Queen to view. Men, however, unless they're light in the loafers will find it satisfactory.

We learn so much from the people who came before us. In regard to today's media the words of P.T. Barnum come to mind: There's a sucker born every minute.

This works for me. How about you?



No comments: