Monday, October 30, 2017

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

How many times have I written on this blog 'my irresponsibility and carelessness fuels our economy'? It happened last Friday two hours after writing a story about losing a hearing aid which actually didn't occur.
(Read, 'It's An Eerie Feeling')

God must not have appreciated my levity because one of those detestable aids did find itself into the dust bin of history and at the golf course. It was my fault, carelessness and all that. I did, however, while searching underneath thee front seat of my car find an unused hearing aid battery. At this point I'll take anything.

Last May I visited an old coaching adversary living in Burlington, Iowa.We went to Wal-Mart. A woman waited on me and after she finished helping me I told her, "You are the very Wal-Martemployee who has ever waited on me". She thanked my profusely and then asked why. I told her: "Because you're the first one to speak English"

One has to live in the Columbus Ohio area to understand.

I made a quick trip to see my doctor this morning. His first statement was, "You like like you've put on weight". I asked, "Why would you want to make me feel like a latrine"?

I've decided to start working out, if not today then tomorrow--maybe.

The Queen and I are considering a move to the Midwest*, most likely Olathe, Kansas. She told me we wouldn't move unless we can find an area as good or better than Dublin. Guess we'll be staying here for a long, long while.

I've decided to coach high school baseball again this spring at Dublin Cofman High School. It's a wonderful gig especially if one is a volunteer. The pluses: long hours and no pay and I get to hang around your people who have yet to become negative, grumpy old people. Kids are exactly the same as oldsters except they come in a smaller package with eyes wide open. This I know to be true coming from one who taught and coached for twenty years. Kids like to be told what to do but the trick is in the way you tell them.





No comments: