Monday, September 23, 2019

A Trip To Burger KIng

The Queen's in D.C. for a couple of days. So, you know what that means. Not only am I not cooking but I don't know how to or want to cook.

After dropping the lady off at the airport I stopped onto Burger King, the drive-thru. This should be a no no for all but I was in a hurry to get home and do nothing.

The microphone came on and asked for my order. I've learned to speak v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y when I do this. I said, "I would like one Whopper with catsup, mustard, pickle and onion. I also would like one value menu hamburger with the same condiments(evidently this is a word unknown to high school kids) so I, once again went through the list. I happen to be a conspiracy theorist. That's why I speak with proper enunciation and not in a threatening  voice. I have a tremendous fear of someone spitting on my sandwich.

After I'd finished the kid came back with, "What did you want besides pickle"? I repeated my request like I'd just driven up to the window.

I'd make certain to tell the kid I ONLY wanted two sandwiches. Then he said, "Is this a value meal"?

"No, only two sandwiches".

"What would you like to drink, sir". The answer was easy. "Nothing please"?

It wasn't all that frustrating for me but I surely didn't want to upset the kid and have him, you know, spit on my sandwich.

If you believe I'm going overboard on this spitting thing allow me to relate a recent story.

There's a junior high school just north of Columbus in a trendy area. It's in the Olentangy school system.
Three weeks ago a group of six eight graders thought they were playing a practical joke on their teachers in a cooking class. They ladled the teachers food with semen and urine. It's a good thing these kids are stupid because they texted all their friends about this 'joke'.

The authorities got involved. Can you say expulsion? Can you say juvenile incarceration?

Do you still wonder why I'm concerned about some nitwit spitting on my Whopper?

No comments: