Tuesday, September 17, 2019

News From Dublin Ohio

I've often wondered if Oriental dogs have epicanthal folds above their eyes. Seem as though they should.

Our pooch got a haircut and toe nail trim today for the price of $50. We do this for him four times a year. I get a haircut for $18 five times a year. Seems out of whack doesn't it? But I can do the nails by myself. Thank God for Trim clippers.

I've been considering getting You Tube TV or an HD antennae but I'm not smart enough to figure out how they work.

I found a photo our Little League All Star team from 1958 and knew the names of each of the 14 other guys. That's my style. Don't ask me where I left my glasses yesterday though.

The Queen is off to D.C. next week. This is getting ridiculous. She goes on trips more often than the Prince of Wales.

Is it just more or do Hollywood starlets enjoy having their pictures taken nude or nearly so? I can't imagine me saying to the Queen, "Honey, please take off your clothes so I can take you picture and put it on the news".

We're sixteen days without rain. According to the weather people the sky is falling and we're headed for a calamity.

Since i live in the land of the Ohio State Buckeyes I wonder if their fans want the head coach fired since they didn't score 75 points against Indiana or shut them out.

I went golfing with a fraternity brother yesterday. On the range I'm Arnold Palmer. On the course I turn into Barack Obama.

My first teaching/coaching job was in New Hartford, Iowa. If you can find it on a map pass Go and collect $200.

My predecessor as coach was an easy act to follow, He was a hunter and never practiced; only had the players show up for games. I was hired by the superintendent before the interview started. My start time was 9 am. I showed up at 8:45 and was told my promptness got me the position. They must have been desperate.

I may have mentioned this in a past blog; you know, the glasses thingy and all that jazz. Anyway, in twenty years of teaching there were only five days in which I did not wear a coat and tie. I felt teaching was that important. I wonder if it's that way today.

Teaching must have been important to me. I have dreams about it twice a week. One night I was the head coach for both teams on the floor. That was one tough gig.

Her Majesty asked if wanted to go see the movie, Downtown Abbey, with her. Is there a polite way to tell your wife, "Are you out of your friggin' mind"?

We don't have much going on in Dublin this week but the weather is so danged beautiful why complain.






No comments: