Thursday, September 12, 2019

When Good Things Happen To Good People

It seems there is too much misery in this world and it permeates our souls. There's a good news blog out there but I can't seem to find it. Too bad. We all need good news.

Anyway, I had the most wonderful day today via a lunch date with a fella who is absolutely one of the most positive gentleman I've ever met. He's the kind of guy who could have fun in a phone booth.

We're not great friends, not even good friends really; just friends. We get together maybe twice a year for lunch and rehash the activities of our grandchilden, talk about old acquaintances and laugh at ourselves.

We've made group trips to Ireland and Portugal. I think his wife set them up.

Regardless, a few years ago, it might have been four, this guy was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. The first order of business for him was to send out a mass email asking his friends to not feel sorry for him or call/write to offer their sympathies. I thought that was nice of him to do.

I received an email from his best friend in town a few months ago. He let us know the man with Multiple Myeloma had seen his disease go into remission. Isn't that wonderful? I think he's on some type of stem cell procedure. Medicine today and what can be done is mind boggling.

So this good news makes the sun shine brighter. I love it when good things happen to good people.

No comments: