Friday, September 13, 2019

Poor Beto. He Doesn't Get It

Maybe because it makes me feel better about myself but I get a kick out of checking the net worth of presidential candidates and what they give to charities.

I recall when Al Gore was running with Bill Clinton he gave $389.00. Gimme a break.

For some reason the first of this years candidates I looked up was Robert Francis 'Beto' O'Rourke. I don't know why. Maybe it's because he personifies the symbol of the Democrat Party.

Beto boy married into a family that are billionaires. His net worth is around $4 million. Their earned salary(he and is wife) in '17 was $366,000. So far so good. Would you care to guesstimate how much he gave to charity in '17? Well, it came to $1,766.00. I'm not all that good at math but I believe it computes out to 0.03% of his income. According to O'Rourke he gives his time doing government service which more than suffices for monetary giving. Yeah, right.

The strange aspect of all this is, even though the Dems hound Trump about releasing his tax returns, there are a number of them who haven't gotten around to it; Cory 'Spartacus' Booker for one.

And so it goes.

No comments: