Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Dumbing Down Of America

The Univ. of Kansas has announced it is eliminating science and math from its teacher program for certification. Those in the program will be allowed to receive their teaching license.

The ramifications of this announcement are immense. I would imagine Phy. Ed. Majors could teach math and science. I turned down a head basketball coaching position in 1971 in Albia, Iowa. The Superintendent wanted me to teach 8th grade math. I'd have to take off my shoes and socks to count to twenty. I turned down the position.

Could it be KU feels Sociology is a more important major along with, oh I don't know, any other nonsense course of study available? Diversity training in schools and the work place seems to be the in thing today.

No comments: