Thursday, September 26, 2019

Biden Should Have Been Impeached

Why isn’t Biden under the impeachment cloud?
After all, no one disputes the fact that he pressured the Ukrainian government to fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin by telling officials there, in no uncertain terms, that if they didn’t, they’d lose out on $1 billion in aid.
Biden himself has bragged about it last year. Here are his words:
“I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”
Biden’s motives in making this demand were, at best, murky. At worst, he was acting on behalf of his son and, by extension, his own political interests. Doesn’t that sound like bribery?
Insights & Issues

No comments: