Sunday, May 16, 2021

A Sad State Of Affairs

 The Columbus Dispatch Sunday newspaper found its way to our doorstep this morning. I don't have a clue as to why we receive the their nonsense since we don't pay for it.

Sunday's will run the typical derogatory stories on the police and how Blacks are continuously mistreated. I ceased sending letters to the editor. They have the same impact as if I wrote one to Joe Biden, or my senators, or my congressman. It's all waste of time.

Below one of the articles about the police I saw another story that caught my attention. Columbus proper has 700,000 citizens. The are 19 public high schools. 55% of this years seniors do not have enough credits to graduate.

I attended a public high school. If a senior can write their name and home address and show a modicum of courtesy they graduate. For twenty years I was a high school instructor. As long as the kids weren't of the Charles Manson variety they found a way to graduate.

It's a sad situation indeed.

No comments: