Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Which City Is Next

 Are you fearful of driving in some cities in this country? In Chicago on I-57 as you enter the south side of the City 60 vehicles have been riddled with bullets THIS YEAR!

For the longest of times as a travelling salesman I did everything in my power to use I-75 going through Detroit. Who could ever forget the morning I picked up my brand spanking new Oldsmobile 88 in 1992 then headed to Sarnia, Canada via by motoring through Detroit. No, I didn't notice the rock thrown through my front windshield from an overpass nor did I see the perpetrator. All that was left was the rather smallish boulder. From that day forward the inner city of Motown never saw me again.

So, my buddy asked today to name the next Detroit. I answered there were too many candidates to mention. Some, Portland, Chicago, are already there. Minneapolis, a town I used to thoroughly enjoyed spending my money, has now been checked off my 'go to' list. As it is the old 'Cowtown' called Columbus, Ohio now gives me pause when I think about visiting, especially after the sun is on the downside of the day.

I suspect this is the reason, at my age, I'm looking to die in peace and why I'm checking out smaller towns to relocate in the Midwest. 



No comments: