Wednesday, May 19, 2021

When You're Too Old To Care

 There's an aspect of getting old that is extremely appealing to me. I'll read a story online then question myself as to what I just read, who did I read about and do I really give a whit.

Did you know that someone name Demi Lovato came out as non-binary? It must be crucial info because it was on the web but-------------. I don't know this Lovato character and I'm not actually certain what non-binary means. And I'm too lazy to find out.

Yesterday, the guy who calls himself president was in Dearborn, Michigan to tout a new electric car made by Ford. Do I care? Nah. By the time this $70,000 dollar piece of nonsense with a 1,800 lb. battery hits the market I'll be pushing up daisies.

There's a news story out this morning that would normally cause me to consider pouring nitric acid over my head but since I only a tax paying loser I didn't get too excited. Joe Biden has approved an oil pipeline from Russia to Germany. I know he has his reasons-----correction: I know the people running this country have their reasons.

There's good news out for moi'. A new study released yesterday says if you have tested positive for COVID then get the shots you're in greater danger of dying or having serious consequences. As the old saying from the Sixties says, "I'm smarter than the average bear."

I know I'm old when I have a glitch in my computer and can't figure out how to fix it. I buy computers to email, blog and look at the news. I don't know how to come up with icons or how to underline words or highlight. And I'm not all that much interested in finding out. If I go to my computer center and they can figure things our this is great. If not then I fork over $200 for a new chrome. Problem solved.

The really cool thing about getting old is if I awaken at 8 am and don't feel like getting out of bed I don't. This philosophy also works at 9 am and 10 am. Try it. You'll like it.

There seems to be confusion on the wearing of masks if inoculated or not. In Ohio beginning June 2 no more masks are required if one has been vaxxed. Yesterday I went to my favorite driving range in Westerville Ohio. These guys have been adamant in we hackers wearing masks as we enter the premises and leave. Not that day. No more masks were required. Huh, I thought it was June 2. Two days ago Dr. Fauci told us masks were that important yet he still wears one. Don't ask me. I only a slug citizen.

It's so humdrum being an oldster. For me there are two aspects of life that are a certainty. Charlie will have a bowel movement in the morning and he demands breakfast, dinner and treats in between.

And finally, if you're wondering about my tackling Nutri-System I'm down  20 pounds. I'm looking forward to running out of their food. It's boring.

Being an old curmudgeon has its advantages. As I said in the title of this piece not caring can be pretty darn cool.

No comments: