Monday, January 31, 2022

Remembering The Good Times

 I saw this picture and memories of my youth came flooding back.


This photo is taken from an ad from United Dairy Farmers in Ohio. It's a quick stop place; gas, snacks and beer. It's like a 7-11. Anyway, the ad for these malts more or less said, "Get 'em while they're hot-only $3.99.

Three dollars and ninety-nine cents for a malted milk? Sorry, I'll pass. It did make me think back to Boone, Iowa and my time as a youngster. I'll wager any reader from my old home town will remember with great joy Boyd's Dairy. Mr. Boyd built had two malt shop on the south end of downtown and had one on the north end and they were separated by eight blocks.  He had the best malts in the world; the way God intended them to be made.

Boyd's was a gathering place in the 50's and 60's for kids and adults alike. I started out with a chocolate malt then worked my way up to chocolate marshmellow. When I became, oh, around 16 I switched to the ultimate. It was a hot fudge marshmellow malt.

I don't need to tell you I'm old when I write these masterful glasses delight cost-------here it comes------25 cents. Oh, the joy of it all. 

No comments: