Sunday, January 23, 2022

Workings Of An Idle Mind

 If it's Sunday in Ohio in January it must be snowing--------and it is. There are folks who actually jump for joy with the flakes come down. Mostly, they are the ones who spend big bucks on snow mobiles. When I see snow coming down I put on my pj's and lie on the the couch as opposed to when it's not snowing and then I put on my regular clothes and lie on the couch.

Actually, we in Dublin Ohio see very little of the white powder and when we do it melts in a short time. As one who grew up in Iowa I'm amazed the the driving habits of people in the Buckeye state. You've never seen a death grip on a car steering wheel like one sees here when that first flake comes down.

Since January 1, 2022 in Columbus Ohio(and I presume suburbs) there have been 422 carjackings. Doesn't this seem the stuff of Ripley's Believe It Or Not? It does to me. This like 15 per day. I'll admit I sometimes keep the car running when I go into a service station. I guess I'll drop that bad habit. I have a buddy who blames the car drivers. Aren't the crooks culpable?

The city fathers in New York removed a statue of Theodore Roosevelt this past week. They deemed it offensive because a black and an Indian were walking alongside TR on his horse. Did you know in lower Manhattan and Seattle there is a statue deemed non-offensive? It's one of Vladimir Lenin. Go figure.

I did something yesterday I haven't done in years. I watched a few minutes of an NFL game between the Cincinnati Bengals and some other team whose name escapes me at the moment. Cincinnati has a quarterback by the name of Joe Burrow. He's the All-American boy in my book.

As you know if you read this blog I'm sort of a political junkie. I don't like the path this country is going down. Therefore, I've decided to walk the walk instead of talking the talk. As of last week I am supporting for the United States Senate in the next election Mike Gibbons. In researching the other wannabes Mr. Gibbons stands out as a true American in my book. In his campaign I'll be doing opposition research. My only hope is I don't end up like Seth Richhttps://republicaninsider.org/who-killed-seth-rich-fbi-releases-documents-on-investigation-into-death-of-dnc-staffer-seth-rich/

An apology is necessary from me to women's sports. For years I've laughed at the ladies attempting to be on a par with men as their games played out. Realistically, if I were to watch a college basketball game the women would be on my 'never' list. There is, however, a young lady who plays guard for the University of Iowa, Caitlin Clark, who does things with a round piece of leather mere mortals can't. She's a sophomore out of Des Moines and she can shoot the ball in ways unimaginable. In her last two games she has garnered what is called a triple double; points scored, rebounds and assists all over ten. Example. In her last game against Minnesota Ms. Clark had 35 points, 11 rebounds and 13 assists and and she leads the nation in scoring.

There is a wonderful aspect to snow I forgot to mention. Charlie hates it so much he can hold his bowels until the next eclipse of the sun just to stay in the house. Good boy, Charlie.






No comments: