Thursday, June 23, 2022

"Would You Like Fries With That?"


There was, for me, a disturbing story on the net this morning. I come from a family that could be considered overweight at certain times in our lives. I always blamed it on the fact that my parents grew up in the Depression Era. Many times at the dinner table I heard the refrain, "Hey, you've only had three helpings of mashed potatoes and gravy. What's wrong with you." Consequently, I've gone through periods ranging from not so fat to 'somebody grab a harpoon'.

Anyway, I read a story this morning stating the AVERAGE AMERICAN consumes 3,200 calories on a daily basis. Considering 2200 is what is needed to maintain this tells me there are thousands of Fatty Arbuckle wannabe's out there. 

Maybe we need another Depression in this country. Lord knows we're on the way.

No comments: