Tuesday, August 16, 2022

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

 After a summer of blazing heat and humidity God stepped in and said "Enough!" We've had near perfect weather and I'll take it gladly.

Her Majesty is relaxing at our Minnesota lake cabin. She needs the rest and relaxation away from-------ME! We've had the place since 1994 and it is her Fortress of Solitude. She'll be back in Ohio October. Charlie and I are trying to decide if we want to make the 17 hour drive. I'm thinking no and he's probably thinking, "Who cares? I can sleep in a car as well as on the living room carpet."

I know you don't care because, well, people don't give a hoot about our southern border as long as Pedro isn't breaking into their homes but 200,000 illegals are crossing our border every month. Of these 65% are males under the age of 30. Maybe they're hoping to get into a seminary and do God's work.

It's no wonder our supposed allies around the world hate us. When Joe approved the disastrous Afghanistan retreat only 3% of our allies in that country got out. 3%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This goes along with the still 600 plus U.S. citizens we through in the toilet by not allowing them access out of the country.

Is it at all possible with the introduction of 87,000 Gestapo-----oops! IRS agents the middle class will see an uptick in audits? Will conservative 501 C3.s come under the thumb of the government? Will anyone who donates to a church or conservative group be looking down the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun if they question the government? Nah! I didn't think so.

I'm off sugar of any kind. Being that I'm kicking in the door on age 77 I've been experiencing some very weird sleep patterns; fall asleep at midnight, wake up at 12:30 and stay that way until 1:30 then fall into that horrid REM 1 sleep cycle until 3:30 when I'm up for another hour and this pattern continues until Charlie pulls off my covers at 8 am and lets me know he's hungry and needs to take a leak.(Or is it leave a leak). I need to change another bad habit. Every time I watch television and Joe Biden comes on with his blathering I automatically say, What a fu*king moron." 

Therefore, I've decided to gulp down nothing but bland yucky foods; vegetables, fruits but nary an egg plant in sight. I hate those things. I'm hoping the lack of sugar will allow me to go to La La Land and stay in the sleep mode for a good six hours. Fingers crossed.

I saw photos of the candidates to be the next James Bond. My response was 'No thank you".

Do you think people like Putin and President Xi watch TV and when Biden comes on they start laughing and say, "What a fu*king moron?"

I'd very much like to golf but, sadly, most all my former golfing buddies are in wheelchairs or pushing up daisies. 

It's almost the beginning of football season. I can smell it. Those of us who donned the pads at one time or other in our lives will recognize the odor in the atmosphere.

I may have to break a promise I made over 30 years ago. After my kids got out of kid soccer I told myself I'd never in my life have to sit through another of these snoozefests again. Well, I might have lied. Across the street from us lives a young lady, a sweet you thing of 14 who we've known since she was six. As it turns out she is now in the 9th grade at a high school of 2,000 kids and is a starter on the varsity soccer team. I'm going to ask for her autograph now so I don't have to stand in line. The way I figure is I somehow have to make sure she detests Megan Rapinoe. 

That's about it for today and it's lunch time. Carrots are on the menu. Yuck!

No comments: