Thursday, December 1, 2022

Windshield Time Going To Iowa

 Are you a road warrior? You know what I mean; one of those people who drives the highways and bi-ways of this country and it doesn't bother them. I'm one of those guys. Today, I left Dublin Ohio at 8:30 am and arrived at a motel in Newton, Iowa ten hours later. For me driving means talk radio. I don't listen to sports talk shows. These guys who host these things are like class bullies we all knew in the second grade and that's not a good thing. I'm one of those dudes who listens to talk radio: Glenn Beck, the guys who replaced Rush Limbaugh and then local conservative talk guys as I traverse the states of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and then into God's country of Iowa.

While driving I contemplate the words on the radio using windshield time. I'll listen to talk radio hosts spew their messages and then I contemplate what they've said. Today happened to be a cornucopia of information primarily because I'm a conservative voter and we're being run by nincompoops. Examples abound:

Did you know Joe Biden is calling for taxpayer money to be spent on adolescents for transgender surgery? He wants boys to have the say so in having their penises removed at taxpayer expense? Think about it. How did we get to this stage? Think about it. Do you really want you grandson to ask his parents to have his penis removed.  Biden says if a law isn't passed then he'll invoke executive privilege. I heard this somewhere in Indiana on the Clay and Buck Show and almost threw up except I'd only eaten a banana up to this time so it would have been a futile effort.

Did you know, since the advent of the vaccines, men's sperm counts have been reduced dramatically? I guess this would be a reason for less abortions but that's a subject to be discussed later. Did you know female menstrual cycles are off by ten days. WTF is this all about?

For thirty years, when I drive to Iowa from Ohio I've taken the given route. Today, I took a different one and cut my drive time from 8 hours to 7. I researched this beforehand. For years I've driven the route the government told me was the best. Today, I used my brain and told myself there might be a better one and it appears I was correct. Government advice-----MJ Hawkeyes research? I like myself a whole lot better than even.

I heard a neat saying today. Every man is good unless you want to destroy them. In essence, if you want to bring a person to their knees talk to anyone who ever knew them. You're certain to find a hater.

The thrill of the day was crossing the Mississippi River from Illinois into Iowa. Good Lord, my heart jumped as I entered the Hawkeye state. If you've never been in Iowa or traversed I-80 you've missed a treat of a lifetime. Naysayers of Iowa say the land is flat. Baloney! The farmland is made up of rolling hills that are so beautiful it takes my breath away. I can understand out of state folks pooh-poohing what I say. I know people from West Virginia who believe the mountains of that state are God's perfect gift. Well, they're wrong. Not only does my birth state have rolling hills they also have the finest of the best when it comes to the people inhabiting the state. 

I'll be in Iowa for a week at the minimum. A month ago I met a fella and we talked for thirty minutes. At the end of our conversation he said, "I'm a native Ohioan but used to live in Iowa. You remind me of an Iowa person." What a compliment.

Man oh man, it's such a joy being home.




No comments: