Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A Post Christmas Survey

I read an article this morning regarding a Christmas survey. It asked, what was your favorite gift ever received as a child, teenager and adult. Conversely, what were the worst. I do remember the worst one but I don't want to mention it because the giver might be reading this post. My all-time best gift was given to me by Santa when I was nine. It was a cardboard basketball court and was about 20" x 26". The gym floor had holes cut out with a metal lever in each. When a ping pong ball landed in a hole I pulled the lever and tried to make a basket. Simple stuff, huh? But the year was 1955 and everything was simpler then.

We had a 'first' in our home this year.  A few days ago Her Majesty informed me she wasn't buying me a present. It's good that we think along the same lines because she received the same gift from me. As a matter of fact yesterday was the first time in my life I unwrapped nothing and I didn't feel neglected or left out. 

Oh, I did receive a large jar of candy from a friend a few weeks ago. Actually, the candy was intended for The Queen but I didn't tell her. I ate half of it watching television yesterday. That's the neat thing about being old. When I was a kid I'd have to ask, "Can I have a piece of candy?" I can't imagine going up to Her Majesty and posing the same question. Old age has its privileges.


No comments: