Sunday, December 24, 2023

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

 Four years ago around this time I drove down to the Hallmark store in our local shopping center. I needed to purchase an anniversary card for one of my children who was celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary. In addition, I wanted to pick up another card for Her Majesty since it was coming up on our 50th. The sad aspect of my card search was that there were no cards available for those celebrating number 25 and only two for the golden year couples. The Queen and I aren't much into big celebrations so we stayed in town and, luckily, our very favorite musical group, We Banjo 3, had a concert on the Ohio State campus so our night was planned without having to spend exorbitant amounts of cash on a cruise or a flight to Hawaii or some place long time married couples are supposed to visit.

So, very quickly, four years have gone bye and I was hard pressed to come up with a plan to build a future memory until I read an article about the very best restaurant in Ohio for pancakes. The bistro is called Katalina's and is located on High Street in Columbus. Come Wednesday morning we will be sitting down to stacks of cakes while dwelling on the past. I'll be as romantic as possible when I ask the love of my life to, "Pass the syrup, please."

No comments: