Monday, December 18, 2023

America's Most Hated Highways

 As soon as I saw the title on this article, America's Most Hated Highways, I absolutely, positively knew one of the 'bastard roads' would be I-90/I-94 in Illinois beginning on I-80 on the south side of Chicago. Know what? God must hate me because on this upcoming Thursday morning at approximately 11 am Central Standard Time yours truly will be traversing this concrete stretch of vomit. I'll be working my way north through the innards of Chicago. As I approach Comisky Park on the south side I'll slither down in the car driver's side seat to avoid errant bullets. It isn't until, after a massive bottleneck in midtown, will I begin to get a full front windshield view of the landscape. It's not until I reach the border of Wisconsin do I breath easier The worst part of this journey is the State of Illinois has made the highway a toll road. It's only ten dollars but still----------. The worst part of the trip is I have to repeat this route on my way back to Ohio. 

Maybe you, after reading, will have your own tales of woe while traversing America's highways and byways. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12874819/Americas-loathed-highways-revealed.html


No comments: