Monday, May 3, 2021

Inflation! What Inflation?

 Janet Yellen, Chairman of the Federal Reserve made a statement on the subject of inflation; not to worry said she. I beg to differ. It's here. So does Warren Buffet and I trust is business acumen a heck of a lot more than I do a government bureaucrat.

A financial site The Bear Report is the go to when it comes to financialmatters. https://www.thebeartrapsreport.com/blog/ For example, if you shop at Costco and purchase paper towels you'll see that they are the same price as they were six months ago and you'd be correct except you'll be getting 22 less towels. Want to buy a bag of corn chips? The price will be the same but inside are an ounce or two less. Get the picture?

Only a nimrod wouldn't recognize the increased price of fuel but lumber is 70% higher. Copper might be the most needed quantity in the world. The price? It's up 90%.

Employers are having a horrid time getting their employees back to work. Why? It's because the government is paying them more to stay at home. Call me naive but I believe this has been the plan all along; being submit to the whims of the government and all that jazz.

Along these same lines there's an idea called The Cobra Effect. https://www.thebeartrapsreport.com/blog/2020/07/21/the-cobra-effect/ A financial wizard I am not but I'm smart enough to know my $5 doesn't go as far as in the past aka BB(Before Biden.

No comments: