Tuesday, May 4, 2021

What's In A Name

 Women are good at certain things and men at others. It's all in the genes. I've always felt men have an inner sense about direction that their female counterparts. For example, the Queen will ask me about a certain in community in Ohio and it's locale from Dublin and I pretty much have it nailed.

Since I was a resident of Iowa for forty-two years knowledge of towns large and small were in my baliwick.

Name a town and I knew it but last night I was flummoxed. There was an article in a site about Iowa and it named the winner of the best hamburger made. The town was BeeBeetown and land o' ghosen I'd never heard of it. The population is 239 and the burger sounded better than good; two burgers with cheese inside and a fried egg on top. I still didn't know the towns exact position in the Hawkeye state but found out it was near Missouri Valley, thirty or forty miles east of Council Bluffs which is across the Missouri River from Omaha. There's a bigger story about BeeBeetown. Years back the U.S. postal system asked the town leaders to change it's name from the original. And what was the original name? Well try this on for size:  Officialredrydercarbineactiontwohundredshotrangemodelairrifle, Iowa.

We do things differently in Iowa.

No comments: