Saturday, March 10, 2018

Daylight Saving Time: Who Gives A Flying Crap

Did you know Ben Franklin came up with the idea of daylight saving time? I'm serious, he did.

Of course, back in those days we were an agricultural society so it gave Farmer Brown another hour to work in the field. Today farming is so mechanized farmers are finished with their work by dinner time. In addition most farms are corporate operations.

I don't care a whit about DST. Why? It's because I'm 72 years old. Every Friday on, oh I forget the TV channel, there's a Law and Order marathon. I'll stay up until 2 AM watching then if I'm lucky nod off.

I hate being old. I seriously do but DST is one advantage we old codgers have over kids. We can do what we want, when we want and not worry about that rotten word called work which screws up the morning.

Word to the wise for young punks tonight. Don't drink. Hangovers on day light saving time are a bitch.

No comments: