Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Mental Health Day

It's Wednesday but it feels like Monday after a week-end of binge drinking. Of course, I'm talking about the news coming over the air waves. It's misery. I know I'm to blame. If I only kept the remote off I wouldn't have this sickness.

I present you a prime example of our sorry state of affairs. Today's buzz against Trump is that he called Putin to congratulate him on his election victory. Really? Ask yourself this question: Do you really give a flying crap whether or not Putin received a call of this nature? I rest my case.

The Queen and I were lying in bed last night watching the WE Channel. They were running a Law and Order Marathon. That's a biggie for us. All of a sudden she said, "Shut it off". Wow! I asked, "What do you want to do". Since we're in our 70's the perverts in this crowd can stop thinking------right now!

She came back with, "We could talk or go to sleep". Then we talked about how long it would take us to fall asleep. She's one of those weirdos who can be in La-La Land in thirty seconds. I stare at the ceiling for two hours.

We've made an executive decision; no more news shows for one week. None at all.

Oh, I'll read my morning go too's: Knuckledraggin.com, Breitbart, Weasel Zippers and iOwnTheWorld but other than that nuthin'.

It snowed overnight. Once again the weather man got it all wrong. We were supposed to be blanketed with four or more inches. It was more like a dusting. And these are the guys who predict the end of the world due to global warming.

I've had four cups of coffee after awakening at teen AM. Guess what? I'm going to have one more, or maybe two. My new favorite is from Sumatra. Folgers and all the other commercial ones don't cut it anymore. If you don't understand my preference for special coffees and are a beer drinker think of it this way. Who in their right mind would suck on swill like Miller Lite or Bud Light?

The best aspect about today's blog is it's like a Seinfeld episode. It's a story about nothing.


No comments: