Friday, March 30, 2018

Jesus Vs. The Pope

Since it's Good Friday( the word 'Good' seems silly to me since there wasn't much good about it) I made a visit to St. Brigid Catholic Church today. It's the least I could do for one who had thorns put on His head, nails hammered in His hands and feet and felt the thrust of a spear plunged into His side for three hours before he died for our sins.

While sitting in the pew I began reflecting on our Pope's statement of two days ago: there is a heaven but not hell. He stated(but is walking back some of this heresy)the good go to heaven but the bad after taking  their last breath go poof. Francis thinks there's a nothingness as if they never existed.

Let's say the pope is correct. The big question would be why in God's name did Jesus go through all the suffering and death? It would have been a monstrous waste of time and effort on His part.

The way I figure Hitler, Chairman Mao and Mussolini might have lucked out.

No comments: