Thursday, March 8, 2018

Today Is International Women's Day

When I started writing this blog some seven years ago my son, who is a prolific writer, imparted this piece of advice: keep it short.

Since today is International Women's Day, if I really wanted to keep the wording to a minimum it would be a heck of a struggle. From  my perspective The Queen gets everything she wants and then some.

I don't even know the significance of this event. What is it? Is it an appreciation of women's rights and achievements or does it have to do with feminism; how women have been cheated in life?

In the area of economics it is widely know that the female gender makes thirty cents on the dollar less than men. Sort of a gyp, huh?

Her Majesty has a parttime job at a knit shop in Dublin. She loves it. Her salary is zip BUT she is allowed to take home all the yarn she wants. She's a knitter and a darned good one. I don't see many men working in yarn shops but I have spun some very humorous yarns in my life.

I also don't see many of the fairer sex working in steel mills, climbing trees to cut them down or working in coal mines. Alas, many are forced to have secretarial positions in coal mines bu that's their own choice.

It seems to me that this day is another one of those silly nonsensical days brought forth by Leftists to bring attention to a cause. You know what I mean. It'd be the same as if someone came up with 'International Abort Your Baby Day'.

I'll begin to take it, Women's Day, seriously when I see greeting cards at Kroger's. Let's face it.  Women like to be pampered. That's why God invented Valentine's Day and the Hallmark Channel.

No comments: