Friday, July 23, 2021

Adios Chief Wahoo

 This morning the Cleveland baseball team announced they are dropping the nickname of Indians because it is so offensive even though the mascot was created by an actual native American.


The new team name will be Guardians. In Cleveland they'll need as many guardians as they can get especially on the east side of town. 

This story allows me go segue into another. My paternal grandfather was a prolific gardener. In addition to vegetables he loved flowers of all kinds. Geraniums were his favorites. He came by this naturally. His dad was John Deere's personal gardener at the turn of the 19th century. I can remember my grandfather get his many tools out of the garage. He had every yard tool known to man. One that he used in his garden was a hoe. You know what a hoe is, right?

Anyway, Facebook has now decided that the world 'hoe' is verboten. I suspect it has something to do with Kamala.


No comments: