Friday, January 27, 2023

How Much Is It?


Items are pricey today. I have my thoughts on why this is but it is what it is. I looked at the above picture and thought, "Nobody's twisting their arm to buy it." Being that I'm a baby boomer who lived during reasonable prices, e.g. when postage stamps cost 2 cents I have a more difficult time opening my wallet without shaking my head in anger and dropping an F bomb. 

Her Majesty and I went out to eat last evening. The venue was called Liberty Tavern and is in Powell, Ohio. It was a nice place and as one might imagine the walls were decorated in Revolutionary War period materials. I was in a mood for a good burger and ordered the Wagyu brand. With it I decided to go skinny and had them bring me a side dish of Brussel Sprouts. The Queen had a different type burger. She always has these items ladeled with your quacamole' sauce or junk I wouldn't dare eat. Tomato and lettuce come to mind. Along with her sandwich she had string type french fries. 

I never gave much thought to the bill but I did after I signed for it. Two sandwiches, a french fry, Brussell sprouts and a glass of wine for the lady. Cha-ching! I was looking at $47.00. I don't know about you but on the way home I asked myself, "Why didn't we go to Burger King?"

No comments: