Monday, January 23, 2023

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

 As with most of the rest of the nation Dublin Ohio experienced snow yesterday to the tune of around 5". It was a good snow because it was super wet and I told the Queen I should hold off shoveling because I didn't want to have a heart attack----------and she believed me.

Up until this year my National Football League watching has been next to zero. I changed my thinking because for the past four years prior to this one I was a huge fan of the now San Francisco 49'ers quarterback, Brock Purdy. For me he is the all-American boy. I was so enamored with the lad when he was doing his thing at Iowa State I drove over to Morgantown West Virginia to watch him play in person against the Univ. of West Virginia. Purdy is the kind of kid when you look at and listen to him you ask yourself, "I wonder if he's ever said a curse word."

I am in semi-mourning today. I'm sorely in need of a haircut. If you saw my mop you'd understand. Six months ago I came across a barber in downtown Dublin named Henry. He's a sports guy and conservative. I felt like I'd found the perfect snipper of hairs. This morning I called for a cut and was told Henry was undergoing heart surgery. I have a question. Do you think it would be inappropriate for me to wait a week or so then go to Mt. Carmel East hospital and ask him to do cut my locks? Just askin'.

Kudos to the Muirfield Village maintenance men. After yesterday's snowfall Charlie's favorite drop off points to leave his morning gifts were completely covered with snow. I was afraid he'd hold it in if he couldn't find his spot. But, the boys shoveled the park out right pronto and Chaz is clean inside if ya' know what I mean.

I'm a coffee freak. I love the stuff and have been so since I was introduced to the juice in 1971. In the past few years Her Majesty convinced me I should go the pod route. What a mistake. A month ago while in Target I purchased a two cup Mr. Coffee drip gizmo. This just might be the best purchase ever done. Italian roast is now the choice for happiness. 


No comments: