Monday, May 3, 2021

Forgotten News About Murders

 Forty-five people were shot, five fatally, during the weekend in Mayor Lori Lightfoot's Chicago. If I hadn't seen it on Breitbart I'd have never known. Ah, who cares if there's Black on Black murder?

Anyway, I was driving yesterday from a trip to the dog park and passed a car on Muirfield Road about two miles from our home when I noticed a Honda in front of me. On the back window were written three names in big green lettering: George Floyd, Deaunte Wright and Ma'kia Bryant(16 year old who was shot trying to stab another girl in Columbus. I didn't say a word to him; didn't let him go around me and honk then flip him off, didn't pull out a gun and fire at his car. I only shook my head and wondered why. Oh, I'm stereotyping but he appeared to be around 25 with a beard and he looked angry.

So, what's the difference between these three individuals and those murdered in Chi'town who were gunned down? Common sense says the media didn't believe these human beings don't merit the attention. It would destroy their agenda.

Every week-end the Columbus Dispatch has a banner headline and story in the main section with a story about Black oppression. Yesterday, I sent a letter to the editor telling them the paper should change its name to Ebony II. The letter won't be published. It hits too close to home.

I have to be St. Augustine honest with you. Last evening three people were shot in what's called the Arena District. There many upscale restaurants in this area. It sits adjacent to where the Columbus Bluejackets hockey team plays. In the past few months there are been daytime shootings, and murders at Easton shopping center, Polaris shopping center, the Ohio State Univ campus and the High Street dining area. These restaurants in this area aren't exactly like the Waffle House either.

Columbus, Ohio is the new Minneapolis. Our murder rate per capita is higher than that of Chicago. That's scary. At my age I'm not fearful of too many things. The Queen says we should stay in safe Dublin. I say what's wrong with being able to go wherever whenever without fear of having a bullet enter my brain?








No comments: