Monday, April 11, 2022

"Oh. Shut Up!"

 My favorite all- time team sport is baseball. Sadly, I got away from the game when they went all out BLM. And then my beloved Chicago Cubs went on what's called the Marquis Network and I didn't really feel paying to watch but that's my problem.

The Boston Red Sox have always had a soft place in my heart but, darn them, they've entered into the weirdness of political correctness.

'Boston's Fenway Park, the oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball and home of the Green Monster, is taking a new step to make the gameday experience green for the environment.

The Boston Red Sox and partners announced this week a plan to neutralize the greenhouse gas emissions of fans attending games at the 110-year-old ballpark. They plan to use a portion of the price of each ticket to purchase carbon credits'. https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-red-sox-fenway-park-carbon-neutral-plan/39600186#

"Someboy, please, bring back the 1950's.

2 comments:

Mack Smythe said...

I don’t personally believe it is “politically correct” or “liberal minded” to care about the environment. There is irrefutable evidence that industrialization has caused massive changes to our planet, and this can eventually make the earth uninhabitable. It should not be controversial to want to prevent this from happening. This isn’t a political agenda or a ploy to gain voters, it is caring about the place where we live. I know you wouldn’t understand as you won’t have to live with the consequences, but your grandchildren will.

mjloehrer said...

Young man, you are incorrect when you state I don't care about the environment. Considering I've lived on this earth for 76 years I've seen and read many, many reports regarding the environment and how we're killing ourselves. You're entitled to you opinion as long as you can back it up with data and excluding, of course, reports from that put out by those who came up with the Paris Climate Accords. It's a money grab from people who have the most. If the world was so concerned about climate why not crack down on those who pollute the most; China, India and Russia? I would like for you to read an article as we approach the anniversary of 'Earth Day'. https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/04/earth_day_is_coming_up_it_is_a_good_time_to_remind_the_public_what_the_predictions_were_52_years_ago.html