Wednesday, April 20, 2022

This, That And The Other Thing From Dublin, Ohio

 A remarkable event has occurred in Dublin Ohio. The Queen awakened me this morning and right away I noticed something amiss. Then I looked out our bedroom window and saw it. It's been awhile since I'd seen this marvel and I was in a near state of euphoria. Right before my very eyes there it was; The Sun. Dublin and surrounding communities have the unique reputation for being an area in the U.S. that sees the least amount of sunshine on a yearly basis ranking behind only Seattle and Cleveland. 

Last night I was feeling sort of punk so I went to bed with a runny nose, slight dizziness and an achy feeling in my bones. It hit me like a Chicago & Northwestern freight train. I think I had the dreaded Cold-Vid. 

In my daze I wanted to call the Ohio governor's office and tell them I had the same sickness as our governor and his wife. Last week, for the 3rd time, Gov. Mike DeWine and his other half tested positive for Covid which, I believe, is a direct cousin of the dreaded Cold-Vid. DeWine's symptoms, according to his press secretary(Mine is Her Majesty) told us the fully vaxxed and boostered governor had these symptoms: sore throat, runny nose and a tendency to be overly tired. It was then I realized that I could be governor of Ohio.

Actually, being sick with or without Covid is a status symbol of sorts. It's hip to be sick with the Wuhan flu. People take sympathy on us after we tell them, "I know all about the disease. I've had it." And they then bow down and apologize for their medical ignorance.

I haven't mentioned my pal, Charlie, recently. He's doing quite well except his morning constitutional walks have recently turned into a safari. It took him 45 minutes to get the job done. It's the little parts of life that are so enjoyable; like having your dog drop a deuce in the first five minutes.




No comments: