Wednesday, October 16, 2019

MJ Knows American History

I commend people who can stand in front of cameras and the public to perform in debates. One can only imagine how difficult it is to answer questions off the top of your head. I'd goof a thousand times when presented with this challenge.

What I have noticed is and this deals with politicians, they make things up. They skewer the truth. Instead of saying, "I dunno know" they'll come up with inane bogus statements.

Joe Biden gaffed a number of times last night and I caught one that slid by many of our population. I heard a clip from him on the radio today defending his son. He said, "The first thing George Washington told this country when he became president was to not let foreign nations affect our elections". What? I've read Washington's speech when he took office and, trust me, it isn't in there.

The only item of his on foreign nations was when he left office. He told us not to get involved in entangling alliances. This was aimed at France and a warning to 'butt out' of our affairs. We didn't heed this advice.  His successor, a Democrat by the way, made certain of that. Times are different but it is food for thought.


No comments: