Thursday, October 24, 2019

Who Said Educators Were Smart?

Since I happened to be a high school classroom instructor for twenty years I feel I have a modicum of common sense when it comes to what to do and what to not do when it comes to kids.

In my years as a teacher/coach I was privy to a variety of ridiculous actions; teachers buying alcohol for students, teachers having sex with students, teachers who put themselves and their reputations on the line for saying absolutely ridiculous things. Sad to say I said dumb things in my illustrious career.

However, one thing I learned was to not cross parents. Evidently, administrators and teachers at Van Buren Middle School in Dayton, Ohio are in need of further lessons in common sense.

The school held a 'Coming Out Day' last week. You know what I mean, right? Kids were encourage to 'come out' as LGBT.

The trouble is this school sponsored event decided to take the bull by the proverbial horns without telling the parents of the students.

Whoooo boy!

No comments: