Monday, October 14, 2019

Tidbits About Nothing Special

I happen to live in a direct suburb of Columbus, Ohio. It is now the largest city in Ohio by about 200,000. It's a nice place depending on where you reside. Actually, the town is quite reminiscent of Indianapolis, Indiana if that means anything. Columbus also happens to be the state capitol.

Columbus has two major sports teams. The Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL and the Columbus Crew soccer team of whatever the hell league these guys play in. We also have a Triple A baseball team associated with the Cleveland Indians. It's called the Columbus Clippers. Oh,there is also another professional team in town. They are called the Ohio State Buckeyes. I'm not really into them.

Anyway, I was thinking a lot of people would get really screwed up in the mind if we changed the name of the City to Indigenous, Ohio. Our sports teams would be the Indigenous Blue Jackets and on and on and on.

Don't laugh. It could happen. I never thought guys with penises would be considered women.

I golfed today. My rule of thumb used to be I wouldn't play if the temperature was below my age. Not anymore. My tee time was at 9:00 and the temp was 48. We waited until 11:00 and it was still 62 but I gutted it out.

I gave our Cairn Terrier a long hard look this morning. My son told us when we got him he might be the kind of dog only a mother could love. According to my son he was, "ugly but cute" I think he's right. His ears are 4" long and end in a point. Those ears could pop a balloon. His body is longer than that of a dachshund, From behind Charlie is bow legged. They are so bowed he could ride a Shetland pony without using a saddle. His tummy is so close to the ground it can squash worms. He snores like a fog horn when he sleeps. And he burps. Gosh does he burp. I'm glad he's not perfect like a designer pooch that would cost a few grand. Charlie is what is commonly referred to as a rescue dog, aka a mutt. I like those kind.

But I'd bet anything there isn't a dog in the world who can cuddle up to me better than my pal.

I've mentioned before how the Queen, for some silly reason, has to watch the NBC Nightly News. I know I'm right on this assumption. Whenever a black person is shot by a policeman the story is front and center. When it's the other way around, a cop is shot and killed by a perp the story is never aired. Why, one would think NBC has an agenda.


No comments: