Monday, March 23, 2020

I Could Use A Barber



No, this isn't MJ Hawkeye but if I was 55 years younger it could be. Folks, I'm 74 years old and have a head of hair Yul Brenner would have killed for. Heck, I'm hardly a gray head. In other days I was proud of my mop. I've had hotties tell me I look like I'm sixty. Nowadays I look like, well, the dude in the photo above.

Normally I'll get a haircut every six weeks. For some reason, and it was four weeks ago, I'd overextended that time frame. Then when the virus hit my barber shut down I knew it was going to be another two weeks, three weeks, a year before I could get a cut.

Ten years ago I had a trip comb. One day I decided to give myself a cut. Just as I put the razor to my hair I sneezed and it zipped into my forest of fur.

It's a wonderful thing I can't go outside. Small children would look at me and think I was King Kong.

It's hell being old and hairy.


No comments: