Wednesday, March 25, 2020

So What If Old People Die

We all know by now that we oldsters are most susceptible to dying from COVID-19. Let's face it, the older we get the less the lungs work. As for myself I have chronic pneumonia. My first bout with it occurred in the fall of 1963. I was playing a high school basketball game and passed out running down the floor. I don't remember one thing about it except I woke up in the hospital the next morning.

I also suffer from COPD as did my dad. There might be a reason for this. We both smoked cigarettes as if they were going to stop being made. I quit ten years ago the the after effects linger. Three years ago my lungs had a 50% capacity. It's no ones fault but my own.

I'm 74. People would say I'm old. I've been on social security since I was 62. It's been a great ride. If old people want to live through this then they should sequester themselves. As for young people I've read medical reports that if they do get the virus its effects would be minimal plus they could possibly build up a resistance to it and other virus of which there are over 1500.

I would have to believe the other, younger generations, could care less if we old timers are gone. Oh, they might say they care but like an old shoe when the sole comes off, gone and forgotten. Death would help maintain a social security bank(there really isn't one). Pension funds would explode to help the youth. We elderly, who many consider non-essential, would eat less of their food and, of course, allow for the environment to clean up because, well, we're gone. The economy would explode due to the rise in casket sales and funeral services.

Better yet for our offspring if The Queen and I croaked they'd get our cash and properties through our wills. It's a gold mine for them. Even the stingiest of some people have valued items they could leave. The kids take the money. The irresponsible would spend it on needless items and vacations which would fuel the economy and the frugal could invest in the markets. It's a win-win for everybody.

This is good all the way around for the economy except for pill sales,walkers and Depends.

No comments: