Sunday, March 22, 2020

It Must Have Been A Marriage Made In Heaven

The Queen and I are going on fifty years and three months and being sequestered in the same condo 24/7 hasn't seen one of us contemplate murder. Actually, we're weathering the storm quite well.
We have friends who have been married fifty-one and a half years. They're biding their time(I would call it wasting)by putting together a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. I told my buddy I'd only do it if the end result was a former Playboy playmate model. We haven't come up with time consumers of this nature. I keep saying, "Let's play a game tonight". Luckily, I've been able to stall her off for awhile. I detest games.

 I have noticed the other half is exerting her dominance. I'm under strict orders not to go to Kroger Food. Not a problem. My 50 year old neighbor across the street told us he would pick up anything we need. This sort of torqued me off. Twice he's seen me and said: "Now let me know if I can pick up anything for you". Translation: "I don't want you elderly people getting the virus and die". I'm sure he's being concerned about our welfare and all that jazz. I just don't want to consider myself elderly, a senior citizen, an old goat, in the check-out generation, an old fart------------I don't want to be any of those things, period--------but I am. I'm also not allowed to go to the Dairy Mart. Once in awhile I enjoy ice cream. There are always way to get around this. I tell her I'm taking our pooch for a walk, drive to the store an scarf down a cone, then get back home in 20 minutes. But don't tell her.

We shop at Costco. I like it because I can pick up a years supply of hearing aids for $8.00. Walgreen's charges $8 for a one week supply. The hearing aid supply center has shut down so I'm destined to say, 'huh" a jillion times til this thing is over. If you do have a Costco and need food they'll deliver free.  Oh, my colonoscopy, scheduled for early May, has been postponed. If I do get COVID-19 and die at least there's the upside of not having that odious procedure.

My golf course is open as of today. In earlier years I would have been on the first tee at sun up. It's 32 degrees in Dublin Ohio as I write. We've had six inches of rain in the last four days. I think I'll wait until conditions suit me. It used to be the other way around. But don't tell me I'm an old man for doing this. At age 74 I've developed what's called common sense. Don't tell Her Majesty I mentioned this. Her entire life has been centered around caring for a blithering idiot and I wouldn't want to ruin things for her.






No comments: