Friday, December 24, 2021

The Joy Of Innocence


It's coming up on three years that Charlie came into our lives. What a joy he's been. He'll turn 8 on January 14 and in the past few months his chops have turned white. I don't like this but it is a part of life. The nice aspect of being with my pal is we read each others commands. When he wants to get rid of internal waste he'll bark in a special way. He lets me know when it's time to go for a ride or to get the mail. 

The weather in Dublin has been balmier than balmy the past few days and I've been remiss in taking my buddy to the dog park. Yesterday we went to Glacier Ridge and today drove down to Hayden Run. In both cases when we were a half mile from the parks Charlie started jumping around the car from front to back seat and then placing his nose up to the window. He knew where he was going and showed his appreciation to m by frolicking with the other pooches in between rump sniffs.

Even so, I didn't buy him a Christmas gift. For him every day is Christmas.

No comments: