Wednesday, February 24, 2021

I Am Not Heartless

 Yesterday afternoon I decided to watch a television show that has not been on my radar for quite some time. It's called The Five and is on Fox News. When I tuned in the lead story was Tiger Woods auto accident. I sort of figured the panel would fill us in then move on. But, no, the entire show, all 60 minutes of it, was about the accident.

Please don't call me heartless. I expected the report might last five minutes max. Hey, the guy was in a car wreck. He wasn't dead unlike around 100 other Americans of yesterday. They, too, had families. Tiger was alive--theirs weren't.

Don't you see how the media sets the narrative. I shut it off after 30 minutes but switched on evey so often until the 6 pm mark.

It gets worse when it comes to the media. During CNN’s afternoon coverage of the accident, Scholes went on-air to say – with no supporting evidence whatsoever – that he was “not surprised” by the accident because “painkillers have become a part of his life.”

Thank goodness for Hogan's Heroes.

No comments: