Sunday, February 28, 2021

One More College Class I Can't Take Because Of My Whiteness

 Back in 1966 when I had to declare a college major I chose Physical Education. Most likely it was because I wanted to be a teacher/coach. In reality it probably had something to do with the course of study being less tedious so Icould get out in the world and get on with my life. Folks, I'm the first to admit I wasn't blessed with the brain of Einstein; not even Einstein's dog.

In today's climate even I would find restrictions with my perceived Major as illustrated by what's happening at Cornell University. Quite frankly, I never considered rock climbing as being a part of a Phy Ed Major but what do I know. I are one!

Cornell University was offering a racially-segregated rock climbing class for their students physical education — but no white students allowed.

The physical education class, “BIPOC Rock Climbing,” was originally slated to be restricted to “people who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or other people of color.” https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/ivy-league-university-offers-rock-climbing-class-no-white-students-allowed/

No comments: