Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Seattle Mariners CEO Forced To Resign

 Kevin Mather used to be the CEO of the Major League Seattle Mariner. He resigned today for these comments: "A Dominican ball player has a poor grasp of the English language." He also said, "I'm tired of paying translators for this Japanese player." What an insensitive bastard!

If I wanted to give my readers laughs along with cringes I should tell you stories of what I said and did during my 20 years of coaching and teaching. I was reminded of something I did by one of my former football players but in the classroom. I had twins who were feisty. Since I couldn't tell them apart I placed on on the right side of the room and the other on the left. One day the one on the left was chatterwalling constantly. Without saying anything. I walked to the back of his desk, picked it up with him in it and carried him into the hallway. Do you know his parents were so upset that I embarrassed the kid they called a meeting with the principal.

During the meeting dad said he'd like to punch me in the nose. My only response was, since he was the size of an Oompaloopa was that he was kind of small to talk that way.

See, it isn't only today we have cancel culture. The difference is back in the day some school administrators had our back. 

No comments: