Tuesday, March 30, 2021

If You Get A Kick Out Of Dogs You'll Like This

 I picked up this short video last night showing two puppy dogs in action. Their owner must have a heck of a sense of humor. It made me laugh and I fell asleep quickly. https://img.ifunny.co/videos/485e0975c37654dc7f4bcc64ef3058b337e309d6e84fe54e9d2a68ea42ee2659_1.mp4

Charlie needed to see the groomer this morning. If you don't know he's a rescued Cairn Terrier. If that doesn't mean anything conjure of Toto from the Wizard of Oz. As soon as I pulled into the lot of the veterinarian he went into a panic. It's not so much he doesn't like getting clipped. He thinks he's going to be abandoned-------again. 

In the first year of his life he was adopted out of one of those places like Pet Smart. The owner had him for a month then brought him back. I know because we have his papers. Regardless, he was in a kennel for an entire year and then was adopted again. This man was a high powered executive; went to work at 9 in the morning and came home at 5 in the evening. Poor Charlie languished in a cage all that time.

My son knew the owner who was in the process of getting married and his new wife didn't want Charlie. At the time his given name was Shortie. The Queen was convinced by our youngest we would be the perfect parents and the first item on the agenda was a name change.

I did not want a dog--------period. In 1994 we had a rescue Dalmation. Her name was Casey. My pal came down with cancer and needed to be put down. I made Her Majesty take our pooch to the Vet. I bawled like a baby and promised never again would I go through this ordeal. I was wrong.

As the groomer came to our car for pickup he immediately jumped in my arms. You'll think I'm making this up but I recognized the fear in his eyes. He thought he was, once again, going to be let go. I felt like a parent sending their child off to kindergarten that first day.

It'll all be good later. He'll see me and jump in my arms with joy. Later this day, probably toward evening, he'll hear the word 'bath' and then the panic will set in again. Such is life.

 

No comments: