Wednesday, March 31, 2021

"Golly, Were We Stupid Or What"


I didn't attend Woodstock in 1969. Know why? I had a job. Two hundred fifty thousand others did though. I wasn't into the 'Tune in, turn on, drop out' philosophy of the LSD guru, Dr. Timothy Leary. There's an interesting story to be told about the event, how it ended up where it did on whose property it was held.

 Needless to say it was supposed to be an gathering requiring paid admission. It didn't quite work out that way. I do recall at this time the Hong Kong flu was rampaging the nation and the world. I was a recipient of the bug and was in a coma from December 16-20 in 1968. The death rate, based on the percentage of deaths, was higher then than what we have now yet the deaths barely caused a rumble in the media.

The heading on this picture stated the the people were sitting around peacefully. Whoever wrote this is being generous in their assessment. The was a geat deal of spit swapping and copulation. Signs were being passed out reading: 'I was conceived at Woodstock'. Kids today are clueless. My generation coined the phrase, 'Sex, Drugs And Rock 'N Roll'.





No comments: