Tuesday, October 31, 2023

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

 Her Majesty will be in Dallas visiting her brother for one week which means I can be a slob around the condo without getting chewed out. I may or may not make the bed. I certainly won't do dishes since I'll only be using the microwave to cook meals and will eat off paper plates and bowls using plastic utensils. 

I have a buddy, the Council Bluffs Cowboy, who enjoys making his own meals. Know what I say? "Cooking is for suckers." If I can't microwave inside of two minutes it's a waste of time.

It doesn't take much to make me happy. For instance, two days ago we had a massive rainstorm at 8 am. That's the time CeeCee takes her morning constitutional. Evidently, she doesn't like the rain, either, because her BM came within our being outside for not even a minute. I knew right then it was going to be a good day. This morning it was 23 degrees and she decided to make me wait it out. I hate when this happens.

During the day I'll peruse seven or eight of my favorite websites. It seems out of whack the two most reported stories, more than Israel even, are those dealing with Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift. What's up with that? Also, and I have no feelings one way or the other, but the death of Matthew Perry beckons every media source to 'Stop The Presses'. It seems to me Perry is getting more coverage for dying than did Mother Theresa and Princess Dianna combined.

Do you ever get the sneezes? I'm talking about one sneeze that leads to another and pretty soon you've done it 15 times and it sounds like a keg of dynamite going off with each passing one. I did it this morning and after awhile it becomes frustrating and then I'll remember if I pinch my nose they'll stop. This is my science lesson of the day for you.

Tonight is Trick n' Treat in Dublin. When I was younger I used to get into it. I'd dress up in scary garb and greet the kiddies when they came to the door. We moved to a condo on a U shaped street with around thirty homes in 2008. Since then we have not had one kid come to the door looking for candy. It's too bad. I still stock the candy dish.

I have a question for golfers. How is it a guy can go out one day and shoot an 82 but one week later he'll score a 96? And when the golfer gets to the last hole it'll hit him: "I know what I was doing wrong."



No comments: