Monday, June 29, 2009

D.C. Husbands And Wives

I've just noticed that one of the ways to get ahead and avoid controversy in Washington D.C. for spouses is to go by different last names. Carol Browner, head of the EPA is married to an oil lobbyist named Downey. Nancy Pelosi goes by her born last name rather than that of her hubby. Keep eyes and ears open regarding this sort of political identification. This has to be a liberal thing. How many females do you know with a hyphenated last name who are conservatives? None. I see this a lot in the academic world. Think about it and do some research. I know I'm correct on this one. Hyphenated or different last names denote liberalism and liberal ideas plus either a lack of self confidence or a certain sense of elitism. Names changed at marriage to that of the husband show an inner self confidence and a commitment to the sanctity of marriage. I love being a conservative.

No comments: